Welcome Year 7's
Finding your way around
When moving to secondary school students can find the size of the school as well as the large number of classrooms and teachers daunting. In addition, secondary schools often have a lot more students than primary schools and Mt St Patrick College definitely has a lot more stairs than most primary schools. When you combine all of these factors starting secondary school can bring some anxiety and trepidation with it.
To help with the transition from primary to secondary school and to make sure the impact of the changes outlined above are lessened, Mt St Patrick College puts a number of procedures in place. Included in this list are the following;
- Students attend at least one day at the College during term 4 of Year 6.
- Students are given an extensive tour of the College.
- Until the students feel more comfortable moving around the College, teachers meet Year 7 students in the canteen basement and escort them to their classes.
- Staff and all students in Year 8 – 12 are instructed to look out for Year 7 students who might look lost, lonely or confused.
We also have a Virtual Tour where you can move around the school like on Google Street View. Check it out!
Do's and Don'ts of high school
For extra help with the transition to Secondary School, the following list of do’s and do not’s are helpful:
- Respect other students
- Be on time
- Take the correct books and equipment to each class.
- Remember to take your diary to all classes and home each night and use it correctly
- Bring your hat to school
- Make sure you have the equipment for each subject
- Wear the correct uniform and wear it well
- Respect teachers
- Make Friends
- Join in school activities
- Look after other students
- Listen to the teacher’s instructions
- Never see a need without doing something about it
- Be a Mt St Patrick Student fully, get involved!!
- Disrespect other students or Bully
- Forget equipment
- Use your mobile phone during the school day
- Break uniform rules
- Forget to do your homework
An exciting part about coming to College is the wide variety of subjects you get to do.
Listed below are the subjects that you will complete in Year 7.
EXTRA ACTIVITIES AT MSPC
At Mt St Patrick College there are lots of extra activities that you can get involved in as a student. Some of these activities include:
- Spes Mea Choir
- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Environmental Groups
- Extra Sporting teams (Soccer, Volleyball, Touch Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Waterpolo, Cricket, Netball, Surfing, Surf lifesaving and many more)
- Student Representative Council
- St Vincent De Paul
Being a part of Mt St Patrick College is about getting involved!